Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Why has my tv picture been taken over by an add , and how in

Customer Question

Why has my tv picture been taken over by an add for SyncPlus, and how in God's name do I get my picture back? If I wanted only sound tyhis morning I'd play the radio or a CD. I want this stupid add gone from my tv!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

How old is the TV and how long it have had syncplus ad issue?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Did you get above reply?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Let me send you phone call offer as you requested, please note it will cost you additional $26, feel free to ignore if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat format.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already feel that my TV has been kidnapped. I had to OK a fee of $28 to try to get this solved and now you want $26 more? Is this all some scam? I can't talk on the phone. My son is being interviewed in Uruguay this morning and I am on my other computer away from my tv to watch him
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry, I got phone call message from your so I send the phone call offer, it is not scam, ignore the phone call offer if you do not want it.

If you're satisfied then can we proceed now to fix the syncplus issue?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The tv was purchased 11/29/15
Yes let's get this done so I can watch my son's interview.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, try following procedure please...

1- Go to TV Menu > System > Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

2- Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup.
3- After the Setup, unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug the TV and turn it On, hopefully it will stop the adds related to Sync plus.
Please be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to tv menu via remote and there is no "system or set up as an option. A long list across the top - voice, picture, caption, network, etc. On left side of screen is a number pad,. Most of screen is still ad. Menu only stays up for a few seconds and then it is all ad again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Press Menu123, do you see Menu on top icons?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I exited SyncPlus for the few seconds I could. Went to menu and had same screen without the ad, but still no system or set up option.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

What is the complete model number of your TV?

This will help me to find menu picture of TV to assist you further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
UN48JU6700
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, give me 10 minutes to find out some thing helpful.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Please click following link to view the screen that should pop up when hit Menu123 button..

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/namo/namo_fileview.jsp?type=nfs&pid=decisiontree&did=590882&cid=*****@******.***&sep=|

If it is then click Menu option located on top left corner to get following screen..

You may need to select Smart Hub option in the menu to go to Smart Hub Terms & Condition page to proceed..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the support screen.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had the support screen, then the ad took over again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about it, you may need to go to smart hub page bit quickly.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Can we resume the troubleshooting after an hour as I need to go offline for an hour?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK I can watch my son, but I won't be home after 10:30 AM CST. It will be 2 PM before I am home agsain.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

No problem, I'll message you once come online and we will continue it at later time.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for delayed reply, I'm online now for few hours and we can continue troubleshooting if you are available.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm back. We can see if anything will kill this stupid ad.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unplugging my tv will take the physical help of 2 other people. The plug is inaccessible and my tv is on a shelf 5 1/2 feet off the floor. The shelf is enclosed on 4 sides. Only tv screen side is open for the screen. No way to reach plug without removing tv from the shelf. It will not turn for access. Is there any other way to get rid of this ad? Still can't see a picture, only the SyncPlus ad.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Alternate way is to turn Off wall switch where TV power cord is plugged in or turn Off circuit breaker of area of TV to cut the supply for few minutes. After smart hub setup TV power must be cut off for few minutes so the setup change can take place and this is the only way to kill the syncplus ad.

Thanks.