Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

We had a power outage in our neighborhood when power was

Customer Question

We had a power outage in our neighborhood when power was restored the cable came on. But the TV won't turn on just blinks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Samsung flat screen, and never had any problems before this
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The TV won't turn on, the other ones in the house came on. It just blinks continuously
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Samsung flat screen TV.

Have you tried unplugging this TV for an extended period of time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model # *****
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Appreciate the information.

As posted above; "...Have you tried unplugging this TV for an extended period of time?..."

And does the blinking immediately starts after plugging back in? ...or only after attempting to turn on?

Any pattern to the blink? ...3 blinks...pause...3 blinks...pause...3 blinks...pause...