Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My sumsung tv 55 inch has got a pure screen on it and I can

Customer Question

My sumsung tv 55 inch has got a pure white screen on it and I can just make out people in the background can you please tell me if that is something serious
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

What is the model number of the tv?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lla46a550pifxxy. Model no la46a550
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

This issue can be either a defective TCON board or missing voltage from the Power Board to the TCON. More investigation is needed, including taking the back off the tv and using a meter to check voltages while the tv is plugged in. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing $300-$350 and could take a few weeks to get all sorted.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

I understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service. Determining immediately whether your tv can be repaired and how much it will cost is certainly worth the price of your question.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?