Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My pioneer plasma tv keeps shutting off with an e01 code

Customer Question

my pioneer plasma tv keeps shutting off with an e01 code
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome David. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

What is the model number of the tv?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Not sure why you are not replying so I will go with the information you provided so far....

This error on many Pioneer models can be anything from the connection cables going from the Media Receiver to the Display or bad solder joints on power supply board inside the Media Receiver. If your model has a Media Receiver this is where you would start.

If you unable to perform these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. You can expect to pay up to $400 and could be a week or more to get it all sorted.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

I understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service. Determining immediately whether your tv can be repaired and how much it will cost is worth the price of your question because an in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 and is not refundable.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?