Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My VIZIO 55" model XVT30554SV stopped displaying pictures,

Customer Question

My VIZIO 55" model XVT30554SV stopped displaying pictures, but sound is still transmitted.
it is also does not respond to turn on/off command sent either form a remote or from the power switch. What is the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack an independent TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , please let me know when you see this.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?
Or no function works with the remote ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the screen is blank, no sign of background light
tv`s own menu can't be seen
no function works with the remote
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then from all this I can tell you that everything points to a defective main board part # ***** and if you are into this then you can get that bard at the link below for $150 ;

http://electropartsonline.com/xvt3d554sv-3655-0222-0395.html

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , you could still try this but don`t hold your breath , I don`t give this much hope ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Any questions on this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to remove the back cover to see the board. need 15min or so.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you look at that link , that's your main board and it has the input connectors on this .

Why do you need 15 minutes ??

Take all the time you want you have your answer here ,

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What you will see is the board in that picture and you buy and replace it , that's it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
saw the board at the link. just want to double check it looks the same as in my TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Its the only one that goes in your tv , I can give you 20 suppliers that will show you the exact same board

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

here is another with a good picture and board number , not in stock but best picture;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3655-0222-0150-main-board-for-xvt3d554sv.htm

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The supplier I gave you is the only one with that board in stock so I would not wait too long , they go fast

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the board looks the same. I've ordered it. will let you know if the replacement works, once I receive it..
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not find the place to buy this board. it is out of stock everywhere. Any advise..?
Can I send my board somewhere for diagnostics and repair..?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I gave you a link for it above 3 days ago , fortunately its looks like it still in stock , here is that link again , click on it ; http://electropartsonline.com/xvt3d554sv-3655-0222-0395.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that company kept my order in processing for 3 days and then responded to me that they don't have it anymore
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info

I`ll have a look but don`t hold you breath , we are not parts suppliers and also , the cost might be more than you expect to pay if i find one , that usually happens or rare items

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You`re correct , nowhere to be found so I would suggest to "sign up to be notified when.... " at this site , these guys have been known to locate parts for customers and it might be faster than you expect ;

Other option would be to set an alert on ebay , its bound to turn up