Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Both HDMI ports are no longer functioning on panasonic

Customer Question

both HDMI ports are no longer functioning on panasonic tc-p50x3
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: 2011
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reset factory setting, tried new cables ect
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not functionig after thunder storm,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Not sure why you are not replying so I will go with the information you provided so far....

The Main board in the tv needs to be replaced. If you want to DIY- take the back off the tv, order the board, install it into the tv, put the tv back together... then reply back here and I can give you more details. Otherwise a repair shop is needed. You can expect to pay $400 parts and labor and at least a week to get all sorted.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
clarify main board and location
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Board with all the audio/video/hdmi ports on it. Located inside the tv (entire back panel has to be removed to access the board).

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

The information I just gave you costs $130 if you called a local repair shop into your home for a diagnosis. Please understand that I just missed out on the opportunity to engage many other paying customers while I was dedicating my time to you. A positive rating from you is the only way I get credit for my work.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?