Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

65" LG Plasma, 2 years old. Started turning on, off, on,

Customer Question

65" LG Plasma, 2 years old. Started turning on, off, on, off... all by itself. No picture, sound, etc., and does not respond to the remote.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I unplugged it for about a half an hour.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: No - and we've had no trouble since it was new.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here

Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model: 60PB6600SRV Code: 60PB6600 - UA BUSLLJRS/N: 403RMJF4U108

Ok thanks when it switches on\off do you actually get the sound and a picture for a bit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The set was on and working and went to other room - heard clicking sound. Returned to black screen with set off (red light on) the click, light off, then click, light on, etc., never picture or TV sound, just the red light and the click. I read that the protective circuitry may be detecting a fault on power up and shutting down.

I see its the scan boards gone short ,the clicking is the set recycling when it sees the short circuit it shuts down and the process keeps on repeating so checks will be needed using a meter (volt-ohm) to determine what board(s) need to be replaced if you think you can do this work yourself please let me know i will provide all the support and on-going support you need.

If you do not feel comfortable with that then you may consider using a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area, (click the blue writing)

I am sorry this is not something easier you do have a hardware issue here quite common to have those symptoms and be failed scan boards

Let me know you input

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help nowor later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Anthony, you've confirmed what I thought after doing some on line reading. let's consider the matter closed as I suspect that the cost of board replacement by a tech most likely will exceed the value of the TV. I could pursue it myself but I have way too many projects in front of me.Thanks,Bill

OK Bill

Bill would you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** only way I receive a token payment from the site thank you

Anthony