Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Non of our TV sets are working. Can someone look at our

Customer Question

Non of our TV sets are working. Can someone look at our concast remotely or do I need to schedule a visist?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome Susan. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

Exactly what are you seeing on the Tv screens?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One screen has DENON across it, the other 2 will not even turn on
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

This does not appear to be a Comcast issue. The DENON appearing on your screen means your AV Receiver may be stuck. So lets try simply resetting it:

-leave your tv's On so you are seeing that DENON screen

-locate the POWER cord for the DENON AV Receiver and unplug it from the wall.

-wait 3 minutes, then plug that power cord back in, press power button on DENON if needed.

-watch the tv screens as the Denon powers back up.

Let me know the results.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

What are the results of resetting the Denon unit?

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did nothing. Still Denon on screen
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Then you likely have a hardware failure of the Denon unit. We can try a Factory Reset, but I will need the full model number of the Denon unit.

If the reset does not help then the Denon unit will need diagnosis, parts, and service. If the unit is under warranty then you will want to contact Denon regarding warranty repairs. If the unit is not under warranty then it may indeed be better to replace the unit due to the high cost of parts/labor vs low prices on replacements.

If you want to get comcast picture on the one main tv while the Denon unit is being repaired/replaced then you will need to connect the Comcast box directly to the tv which means unplugging audio/video cables. If you don't know what you are doing, then things can get really complex and you may want to contact a local home theater servicer.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not understand why the other 2 TVs do not even turn on. I can watch Apple TV on this TV and it turns on like ususal but does not stay on but displays DENON
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

You could try resetting the other Tv's that won't turn on, simply unplug their power cords for 3 minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want Comcast to come out. Can you help me with that or do I need to call another person?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

I do not have the ability to send comcast to your home. Only the primary account holder (you) can make that request. You can call them at(###) ###-####

Just keep in mind, this is not looking anything like a comcast problem. They usually won't touch any of your audio/video equipment, that should be done by a local home theater company or maybe Best Buy Geek Squad.

Please don't forget to rate my time/service at the top of the page at least 3 stars.

Thank you so much for being patient and responsive.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?