Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

How can I reset the auto channel search? I have a combo TV

Customer Question

How can I reset the auto channel search? I have a combo TV and VCR Quasar . It ran the auto channel search when I powered it up and got poor signals on 41 and 51 and line and now that is the only channels it will tune to. I want it on channel 3 or 4 so it will receive the signal from a digital converter box.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Does the converter box have any other outputs like RCA?

The tuner may be bad in the TV so that would be a good workaround let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The converter is an RCA. But that is not my problem. The TV ran an auto channel search and apparently got weak signals on channels 41 and 51 and line and now those are the only channels it will tune. I need to to tune it to channel 3 or 4 to receive the signal from the RCA digital converter box.

No I mean doe sit have RCA outputs like this <<click

As I say the tuner in the TV is likely to be not working that is why you cant tune anything but if there are RCA type outputs on the converter we are in luck as a workaround

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can I force it to run that auto channel search again and stop that search so that I can tune to any channel that I want.

You do not understand the tuner that the set uses is NOT WORKING that is why the search wont work so I need to know if there is any of those outputs (click the link above) on the converter box......please just reply back with the info

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it only has an antenna in and an output to TV plus the three colored jacks. It is one of those simple little digital converter boxes that they sold everyone that didn't want to buy a digital TV. The problem isn't the converter box - that worked fine with another TV set. The problem is with this TV that ran an auto channel search when I first powered it up and apparently got weak signals on channels 41, 51 and line and now those are the only channels that it will tune to. How can I force it to do that search again so I can kill the search or force it to go to channel 3 or 4 and receive the digital converter box? Call me. .

I cant use a phone call right now sorry my cellphone is in very weak area

Please understand that if the tuner in the set is not working correctly then you will not be able to search with it please understand that as its not sinking in with you, so you need to use the jacks you will need 3 RCA composite video and sound leads like these <<click then you run these to the set which should have the same jacks on, you pick out that input with the TV remote and the box will come through as a bonus the pictures are much better that way

Let me know you understand now that you just need these leads

You can get the leads from radio shack for a few bucks, or similar , just do that and you wont need to tune anything the box does it all

The outputs should be red\white\yellow

That way the tuner in the TV you are having problems with is not used at all its bypassed

Its the way the box should have been set up in the first place as composite video is much better than via the antenna input

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The box has those three colored jacks but the TV doesn't have them. This is a Quasar Crystal Vision Series combo TV and VCR. The problem is with the TV not the digital converter box. That box worked fine with another TV and just the one coaxial cable connection. How do I get rid of that auto channel search output and make the TV go to any channel that I want. I need it on channel 3 or 4 to connect with the digital converter box.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Can you give me the model number of the Quasar? It should be on the back of the unit (not the serial, the model).