Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have an lg 56dc1d dlp tv i have changed the color wheel,

Customer Question

i have an lg 56dc1d dlp tv i have changed the color wheel, as it was defective the tv now starts up but there is solorization on the screen.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no it has not happened before. yes i have had it off for more then an hour
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi there

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

You will need to adjust the color wheel timing for the new color wheel.

Go into the service menu and change the color wheel delay - change it 2 clicks one way or the other, then check the display and continue until you see the solarization getting better or worse. Once it goes away, exit the service menu.