Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have a Panasonic viera smart tv that is in shut down mode

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic viera smart tv that is in shut down mode and blinks 14 times
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: 55 inch Panasonic viera smart tv
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The tv went into shut down mode when I try to turn it on the red light flashes 14 times
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It's been like this for almost 10 months it just randomly shut off and never came back on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this with the tv`s model number ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Thanks , give me 5 to 10 minutes or so please , got locked on another post while waiting for your reply

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for waiting

The model number would be TC-P55ST30 would it ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

O.k then according to the service manual that 14 blinks code would point to a main board problem in that case but this is not the gospel if you will and there is troubleshooting to be done with meters to confirm that .

Those Panasonic were not exactly made for the DIY repair but if yougo by the manual and want to look into this yourself then you can get that board at this link for $90 ;

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself but if that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that's the model number
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Yes no problem , got that a half hour ago , did you get my answer above ??