Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have Toshiba tv model 27a42 with remote ct 820. closed

Customer Question

I have Toshiba tv model 27a42 with remote ct 820. closed captioning appeared and I cant find on the remote menu a way to turn it off. can you advise
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Comcast cable but I was using my tv remote to try to remove the closed captioning
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then chances are that the cable box is the one that holds the answr to that one depending on the box you have and the type of connection .

What type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box and tv ?
Is it coaxial in the tv`s cable terminal or color coded component cables in the video input ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , did you find the caption in the TV's menu and if so , was it set to off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. I thought you could tell me on my remote how to cxl it everything I find say to use remote for tv. Comcast remote does not have anything to cancel it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me just cancel this. I paid with paypay for free trial. how do I cancel this is not helping
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The Comcast remote will not have a caption button no but again it depends on the cable box here so I`m going one step at atime , there are several options and I know them all but I need you to answer my questions one at a time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not want a monthly charge.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

no problems but I was going to tell you how its done .

Goodbye for now then

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , I just looked and you already have a subscription by the look of it ??

In that case its all the same price to you , unlimited questions and ratings