Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I can power the tv on with the remote but unresponsive from

Customer Question

I can power the tv on with the remote but unresponsive from then on. the screen shows LG lifes good, also has something that looks like a clock at 3:00 with 4 lines. I have new batteries in the remote. I took the back cover off the tv and was wondering if there is some kind of reset button that could be pushed?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, no there is no reset button inside of the TV.

Additionally, these symptoms points to a failed Mainboard- which is the board you see with all of the AV Input jacks on it, and when the set stays locked with the LG welcome screen and no response form any of the remote commands, TV buttons, and no AV processing- it means your Mainboard's EEPROM (processor) has failed. This requires REPLACEMENT of the Mainboard in the TV to fix the issue.

Since you have the back of the TV off, I am assuming that you are looking to repair the set yourself, Yes?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.