Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have sound and no picture after It was working fine last 4

Customer Question

I have sound and no picture after It was working fine for the last 4 days I have no cable or satellite dish so my dvds are it right now Can you help me? Please
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome Mary. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

-Is the sound coming from the speakers built into the tv or some external speakers/surround sound?

-Is the tv screen all black or is there an error message or?

-Can you bring up the tv menu using the original remote that came with the tv or the button on the tv itself?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Are you having difficulty replying Mary?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sound coming from original speakersYes screen is all black No error messages I cant seem to bring anything up on screen
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Oh sorry to hear that. This very likely means a failure inside the tv that will require parts and service costing more than a new 32" tv.

One thing you can try is unplugging the tv power cord, holding the power button on the tv for 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in. Just keep in mind this will not cure hardware failure. It only works for one time "glitches".

I'm very sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?