Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung HL-T5076S tv. What does it mean when there

Customer Question

I have a Samsung HL-T5076S tv. What does it mean when there are 2 flashing lights. A red one and one green. I get no screen at all. Black-blank. No codes, nothing. I was watching it and it just went blank with the two lights blinking. When I unplug it then plug back up. The red light comes on( not blinking). When I turn it on, I get the chime and I can hear the fan come on, but 3to5 seconds later it goes off. And the lights start flashing. Can you please help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hello, All three of those lights are labeled. Please tell me exactly which ones are flashing.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Did you need assistance with this question you posted?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Stand By/Temp And Lam
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Even though a lamp failure code is generally different, this can still point to the lamp. So, can you tell me when the last time was that the lamp was replaced?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
About a year and a half maybe 2. But I noticed that a light stays on bottom front below the Samsung name. (Blue)
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

According to Samsung those two lights blinking mean the lamp cover is not closed, so this is bizarre. Was the TV ust moved or anything?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

That is bizarre. Please unplug the TV, then carefully remove the lamp and inspect it. Check for any cracks or smoked appearance, then if all looks good- reinstall the lamp carefully and make sure the lamp cover is closed. Plug the TV back in and press power once. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
That could take awhile.wouldnt it? Do I have to remove the back panel
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

No you don't have to remove any panels, just open the lamp cover. Do you know how to change the lamp in the set? If not, let me know and I can try to find you a manual.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No I haven't done it before
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

It's outlined on page 74 of the manual at the link below:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20070909095400/Manuals/305/305HLT5076.PDF

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok, I'll check it out
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Okay, please postback here when you're done. I'm not paid anything until we figure out what is wrong and you rate me.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Did you have any luck?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It seems like it cuts off and back on. Plugged back up. Turned on heard chime. Thought it was going to act right but started cutting on and off. Now all 3 lights are blinking
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Okay this is good- because ALL three lights blinking indicates a Faulty Lamp with certainty right out of the manual and service manual. So all you need to do to fix the set is purchase and replace that lamp and you'll be back in business. I can find a lamp for you if you'd like?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok, I'm in Milawyer, Wisconsin
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Okay, I don't know of any stores that sell these- that's why I posted a link above, we order all of the parts we use to replace so you would need to go to that link and order up the lamp.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I pulled it up.. It went straight to the bulb.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Yes, did you need anything further?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is the light below the name Samsung supposed too stay on when the tv is off. I never noticed it being on before
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

I really don't know offhand as I don't have one of those sets in front of me, but that would point to the standby light.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The stand by light is red. This a bluish color light
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Aric, how do I rate you. I see where it says finish by rating. But when I hit it. Nothing happens
Expert:  Jack replied 12 months ago.

.

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

.