Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How to repair a samsung smart tv un40eh5300 that has sound

Customer Question

how to repair a samsung smart tv un40eh5300 that has sound and backlight but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m jack

Perhaps I can help you with this and I`ll start by saying that NO you will not have any picture going through if you don`t have the correct board hence it will look exactly like the same problem .

This is not like it work half or not properly , this is it works or not at all so it will look exactly like the same problem .

You need the correct board

Which one of those is yours , click this link ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=un40eh5300

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
95-01211; however not sure if it's the t-con board or something else.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

O.k then a few question on that

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Could you see the TV's own menu with the original board ?

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

For that matter just re-install the original t-con although having some backlight and sound does sound like a defective t-con but one test is the TV's own menu .

If you can still see it then the main board is suspect

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, i wilI have to get back with you on that.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

no problem but as I said above if you cannot see anything including the menu then you were on the righttrack about the t-con otherwise its a problem with the man board video processing the signal from external inputs if the internal menu can still be seen .

Use the link I gave you to ID your board and then use that part number to find it or let me have it and I`ll find it for you.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time and you can come back here at any time after rating for questions or help