Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sound comes and goes lc-55le653u : turn on tv sound is ok

Customer Question

sound comes and goes lc-55le653u
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: turn on tv sound is ok switch channel sounds goes off
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: sharp aquos lc55le653u no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dvd player and hdm box, no
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Just to clarify, you get sound when playback DVD disc and HDM box means Cable Box connected to TV through HDMI cable and TV doesn't give sound on cable channel, is this correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I turn the tv on there is sound and when I switch channels the sound sometimes goes off not all the time but at least twice a day. then I turn the set off for 30 min. sound come back on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, this kind of problem mostly occurs in cable box and sound processor chip in cable box gets error and sound gets mute. Reboot the cable box that will help to resolve the problem.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.