Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I am trying to remove a Vizio tv from the wall. It seems

Customer Question

I am trying to remove a Vizio tv from the wall. It seems like I need to move the base of the tv out from the wall and pull on the two cords coming from the upper back of the TV.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M series 2 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No that I know of. There is a bracket attached to the wall however the TV cannot just slide off of this bracket it seems to get hooked up on the ends
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is the tv on a wall mount bracket? If so, is it a flat mount, tilting, articulating?
Do you know the model number, or by chance the make/model of the mount?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot tell forget it
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Without knowing what you have there, it is difficult to give you specifics.

But most all mounts have some type of a lock mechanism or safety catch so kids can't pull it off the wall accidentally.

You can start by tilting the bottom edge of the tv out from the wall by a few inches

then lift straight up and it may come off the mount.

If it does not, look for any strings or rods on the back and pull them out, either until they snap into an outside position or remove completely, then again tilt out at bottom and lift up, and the tv should come away from the mount.

If you get stuck, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I had make model no etc I would be able to look in the instructi0on book and work backwards. I don't have it so forget it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I understand, and without being there, I can only give you some general info as well. If you want to send me some photos, I could be more specific.