Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have an 55LS4500 that we have to keep turning off an on

Customer Question

We have an 55LS4500 that we have to keep turning off an on for 45 minutes to an hour after the tv has been off for any length of time. The picture comes on then it starts getting dark streaks and then it goes off sound stays on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

We do have back-light problems with LG sets however the first thing to check as an elimination exercise would be the power-board, are you able to do work yourself with the set?what it will amount to is possible replacement of a board or after some checks are made a conclusion drawn.

Let me know please I will provide more help.

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no orlater thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

do you still need help with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
About how much are the power boards ?

Board will be around $100

I must convey to you though we have had a lot of LGs with failed LED backlights and that is not an option to fix, the powerboard has the LED driver attached but obviously if the lights themselves are bad then its bad news and there is no effective way to check

Let me know

Anthony

PS please remember to rate positive thank you

Many Thanks

Anthony