Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My lg smart tv ive had years was on half hour then it made a

Customer Question

my lg smart tv ive had for 4 years was on for about half hour then it made a pop noise turned off then could smell a little burning plastic... now got red standby light on and when I try press power button it clicks like its trying to turn on but then clicks straight back off nd get no sign off a picture and or sound.. I just wanna no if its worth fixing or ditching???
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no never happened b4.. yes tried on/off/unplugged and pressed every button to bypass it but no good...?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: um nah don't think so I mean its been a good tv no probs till now just happened without ne warnings..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

This info will help me to determine what type of it is and what is possibly caused the problem.

Thanks.