Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Ok changed the crt fluid in my philip Magnavox projection tv

Customer Question

Ok changed the crt fluid in my philip Magnavox projection tv and now the projectors dont go on and there is no sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank u
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Does TV power light turn On when press power button?
Does the screen glow/ show light at all when turn On the TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The power button goes on and no the tv does not glow at all u can hear it go on when u press power button but that all no sound after that and no projectors go on for the picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, have you rechecked all the connectors are plugged securely and tight that were removed for CRT fluid change?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they are sealed
But I think I found the problem fluid leaked on the red wire that connects the projectors when I tightened it so what can I do
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cleaned it but still wont go on so do I have to let it dry out or am I going to have to replace that part
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Is it thick red wire or high volts?

Clean the fluid with alcohol and let it dry for an hour or so to see if TV turns On.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok here a picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

There are 4 red thick wires of HV and I can see lots of carbonized dust on circuit boards, please clean the are where fluid leaked with alcohol and leave the TV for an hour to get it dry, I would also recommend to blow the dust with air blower (should be done in open area) or use vacuum cleaner to remove the dust off of boards.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I will do n try in an hour thank u
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, take your time.

Thanks.