Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have 100's of cd's that my late husband transfer from

Customer Question

I have 100's of cd's that my late husband transfer from tapes to CD's. He didn't show me how to hook up to our tv, so I purchased a DVD player in a tv. My problem is none of the cds will play back. A message come up that says " Playback feature may not be available on the disc" What can I do to make this work so I can relive some memories. We were married for 42 years and I would love to see my past again. I hope you can help me. Thanks for your time..
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, when you say Tapes to CD's, I'm assuming you are referring to Audio Tapes/CD's and not DVD's (which are video) correct?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that if the discs were audio recordings made from taped audio recordings, then they will never play back to a TV via a DVD player. You would need to put them in a computer's disc drive, for instance, and then select audio playback by e.g. Windows Media Player, to hear what is on the discs.

Also: look on the discs. They will be marked 'CD' or 'CD-R' or 'CD-RW' if they are audio CDs.

If they are DVD discs (video) they will be either double-sided (no label side) or else labeled as 'DVD' of some sort.

If CD discs is what they are, a DVD player won't play them; a PC with Windows Media Player and a CD drive will play them.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.