Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I just replaced the DLP chip in my mitsubishi tv. Put it

Customer Question

I just replaced the DLP chip in my mitsubishi tv. Put it back together making sure every cable was right an reattached. Now status light keeps blinking orange and the TV won't turn on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its about 10 years old. Model number WD-60737
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

Generally a blinking yellow status led means the tv thinks the lamp door is not put on the tv. There is a small switch that the door makes contact with and the tv won't turn on unless that door is secure. Check that, and check the actual wiring that goes to that switch.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's not yellow, it's orange. And the lamp cover is one. What does the orange light indicate?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Same thing yellow = orange.

Check the wiring going to that switch. Check the tab on the door that it is surely making actual contact with the switch LEVER inside the tv. Manually push the lever and hold it while you plug in/power up the tv.