Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Proscan LED TV, Model: PLDED5030A-RK. Original

Customer Question

I have a Proscan LED TV, Model: PLDED5030A-RK. Original remote was beginning to fail. Attempted to sinc with universal remote and after could not sinc from list or manually, tried the auto search mode. As was automatically going thru codes, went into the red, blue, green, white, black "diagnostic" mode. Using the smart phone camera to determine the remote is working but need instructions to reset TV? I think?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Proscan is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased 2.5 ago?
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: All else was working fine until that time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the tv has been in this mode for the last couple months. I has been unplugged for 1 min, 10 and a couple weeks. when plugged back in, after the blue proscan logo screen, goes directly into the white, red, green, blue, black, then repeats (in that order).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ive been told it is in a diagnostic mode? and can get out with the original remote? How? is any one still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

ah OK, let me explain what the universal remote did, it actually activated service mode of TV firmware in wrong way and TV has stuck on that mode. It is bad idea to use universal remote on these TVs. In other words TV firmware has been corrupted and its solution is to replace EEPROM chip mounted on main board of TV, it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise, required EEPROM chip (having firmware data pre-installed) is available at following supplier for $15..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+PLDED5030a

There are two version of main board utilized in this model so need to verify the part number written on sticker pasted on main board to get correct EEPROM chip for replacement. This will resolve the problem.

I'm searching for TV remote control and get back with you in couple of minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Required remote control is available at following supplier...

http://www.remotecontrols.com/product/PLDED5030A-RK.html

Please do not use universal remotes on this TV as the firmware in this TV gets corrupted easily while universal remote sends different codes and we see this problem frequently here. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I appreciate the info on ordering an EEPROM chip but while pondering the order and finding what board I have, another blog had multiple recommendations on pushing seemingly random buttons and I believe it was the "enter/info button repeatedly" that worked. after a few random pushes the no input message came up and I was able to use the power button to turn off the set. then powered up as normal and seems to be working again. I appreciate the input but in this instance the input was of no assistance and request the refund of my fee. Please let me know how to go about this as I would expect from a legitimate and professional site.