Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

After I turned the TV on, I cannot get the remote to do

Customer Question

After I turned the TV on, I cannot get the remote to do anything. I changed the batteries and that wasn't the problem. I can't change channels,regulate the sound or even turn it off
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly. what is the Model Number off of the back of the TV you're asking about?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need assistance with anything here this evening?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
M321i-A2
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. So the Vizio will power on, but then the remote will not control any functions on the set at all correct? How about using the button on the lower rear corner of the TV will that work to change Inputs or anything else?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At the bottom of the remote is ENTER button and on the other side is ----- I have tried both of them.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm not talking about your remote. On the TV ITSELF, on the lower rear corner is a button. This button powers the set on/off and changes inputs. That's the button I'm asking you to check please.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you able to find the button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no button.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Sure there is on the back lower corner of the TV/ If you cannot find it then I will not be able to help. Good luck, someone else will be along shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

To see it click on the link below and scroll to section 2- a couple page in it shows the power/input button location.

It is on the lower left rear corner of the TV if you are facing the TV. Facing the TV reach down to the lower left corner, and reach around to the back of the set. It is there..

Manual:

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Safe-Mode-PS4/