Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have dish and were given a tachi tv, model number 42HDS69

Customer Question

We have dish and were given a hitachi tv, model number 42HDS69 and we cannot get a picture or ability to try to change the channel to 60 for dish to work. Can you help us.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, It is not always Channel 60 on every TV that DISH needs to work. There's different procedures depending on the box and the TV itself. Please get me the Make and Model stated on the front of the DISH box.

Also what type of cabling/connections are being used between the box and the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Did you need assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I can't take a phone call- sorry. I have no cell service where I am and we are independent techs working in different location (not sharing a common office). Please reply back to the INFO REQUESTED and I can sort this. Or at least tell me everything you know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a second tv in another room.The box is in living room the channel for the extra room I was told was channel 60 for this room. The model number is ***** JetBlue, Dolby digital on the dish box
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The key info I need to know is HOW the box is connected to this specific TV- is it using standard coaxial cable- yes? If so, then the TV needs to run a CHANNEL SCAN to find that channel. Let me know the connection to the TV so I can tell you what to do next.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'd rather talk to someone please cancel all this now.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , i`m Jack

Perhaps i can help you with this .

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Give me a few minutes and by the way as i`m the second tech. on this post you may have to use the rating system for me to be able to give you that call .

Don`t ask , this is a website quirck

Give me 5 minutes or so on this

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

You need to accept from your side now

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Disregard please. We are tired of messing with this.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

no problem

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We did not get help to get our tv going so we do not believe we should have be charged the $28.00
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Was ready to help you and you just said to forget it .

In any case I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****