Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Ref Panasonic TV purchased from Sears a few years ago, a son

Customer Question

Ref Panasonic TV purchased from Sears a few years ago, a son in law or ???? turned on closed captioning. How do we turn it off?
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome Edwin. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

The captions are likely coming from the cable/satellite box not the tv. So you will want to use the cable/sat remote to turn the captions on/off. If there is no CC button on that remote then you will want to go into the settings/menu of the box and look for captions settings in the menu. If you have trouble with that, we need to know who your cable/sat provider is.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks