Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Visio TV after being time does not turn off, and

Customer Question

My Visio TV after being for long time does not turn off, and sometimes turn off by it self Also Pearl, Ihave to unplug the TV to turn it off and then work normal Vizio model n E601i-A3, PN *********** SN. LFTRNWAP1001971 does this help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Did you get the in formation that I send you, that my Vzio TV sometimes does not wanted to turn off after watching tv for while or it just turn off by it self and the timer is off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: That is it thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

This is a failure of your Mainboard in the TV- which processes all of the commands in the set- power on/off, input, volume, etc.

That is the only component in the TV that has any control over the set shutting off, or not being able to shut off.

This is a user replaceable part and is something I can help you find if you're looking to repair the set yourself.

This is not something that any settings/adjustments can correct as it is a processor/hardware issue.

That said, let me know if this is something that you're looking to repair yourself, or if you are looking for a repair estimate and service locator and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The part needed to repair this is available at the link below for your set, and is a plug and play board- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it:

http://www.ftvparts.com/products/vizio-main-board-y8386222s-for-e601i-a3-01-70car2100.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwya-6BRDR3p6FuY2-u3MSJAD1paxTn4jTemOAAgVuGkqx5uT8iHyXf3jtI330j0AO1dz2gBoCPtfw_wcB

Alternatively if this is not something that you're comfortable with then a shop will generally charge $250 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com