Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Television screen is all black , no picture . I have voice

Customer Question

Television screen is all black , no picture . I have voice on every station . What to do ? This is a 39 inch 1080 insignia .
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Please get me the model number off of the back of the TV.

Also, if you grab the original Insignia remote and press MENU, does the MENU display on the screen?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Did you need assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

No thanks, ***** *****'t take a phone call and I'm just asking you for some basic info. So far all I know is you have no picture on a 39" Insignia TV. I am asking you to press MENU on the TV'S OWN REMOTE to let me know if the MENU displays- yes or no please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model no Ns39E 340a13 , menu does not display on screen . Sorry for the delay , I'm in a wheelchair , takes a little time
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

No problem and thanks for the reply. If the TV's own MENU does not display- that is bad news, as it indicates a hardware failure in the TV. The TV's own MENU supersedes all settings/connections, etc.

There's a good chance the backlights in the screen have failed (which is not uncommon in these Insignia sets).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.