Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician

My tachi protection tv 57F59A will not turn on : The power

Customer Question

My Hitachi protection tv 57F59A will not turn on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The power light didn't come on either but it worked last night.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again from a different power socket to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nothing happen
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you press the menu button on the remote for the TV and tell me if you see the menu show

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

If not then it means the power board in the TV has failed and will need to be replaced.

It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.