Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Panasonic Plasma TV TH-50PZ800A serial number

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic Plasma TV TH-50PZ800A serial number YS8610949 at our beach house in Peppermint Grove Beach, Western Australia.
We travel to our beach house every 3 weeks & this weekend the TV would not switch on at all.
I believe there were storms over the past 3 weeks & I am not sure how relevant these are.
I tried different power points however, the TV will not switch on at all.
Are you able to advise....
Many thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, are there currently ANY signs of life on the TV at all at this point (power light lit or blinking, click sounds when the power button is pressed, etc.)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, absolutely zero.........no power light at all
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem here- any changes at all?