Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I HAVE A MITUSBISHI 60'' MODEL WD60737 THE IS NO COMING ON

Customer Question

I HAVE A MITUSBISHI 60'' MODEL WD60737 THE IS NO COMING ON JUST WEN OFF AND IT NEVER COME BACK JOSE VAZQUEZ
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: SOMETHING SHATTERED
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: WELL I CALL MITSUBISHI AND THEY SAID I NEED IT AND UPGRADE I DID THAT AND NOTHING IS WORKING
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Did you say that something shattered inside ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Which lights are on and/or blinking at the front ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Actually would be the STATUS light but tell me if it is blinking , on , off , which color ,yellow , green or red ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it like when u have a broken mirror I see that on the screen I did the upgrade and nothing happens
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You mean that the tv comes on and the screen lights up ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The tv does have a reflective mirror inside , was it moved lately or prior to this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

you said that you talked to mitsubishi and they had you try an upgrade ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you tell them about this apparent broken mirror ??

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If your TV's reflective mirror is broken then an upgrade wont do any good and there isn`t much that I could do here beside giving you the service manual that will show you how to remove the front screen to gain access and inspect that mirror then if it is indeed broken you can use the parts list and number to buy a new mirror .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Or just tell me if the mirror is broken and I will give you that part number .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
send the manual so I can remove and check the mirror. and how much will it cost??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If the mirror is broken I can take a look but if you have all the pieces then a local glass shop could cut you one I`m sure , this is a standard mirror , just its shape is different as you will see in the manual .

Let me send you the manual and then look for that mirror , this is not something that gets replaced very often

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Here it is , click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that , give it a minute to open and then use the DOWNLOAD button to save it to your PC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3hhmzlolbm9amr/mitsubitsi_wd-60c9_65c9_73c9_60737_65737_73737_82737_65837_73837_82837_chassis_v41c_sm%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

Look on page 16 and on for the screen removal and finally the mirror

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

mirror replacement on page 22

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you want to search for it , this is what the manual calls it " KIT-MIR V41 60" " , that is for your model and I just looked briefly for it and so far it seem to be discontinued everywhere so you may have to go to a glass shop indeed or possibly a local repair shop may have one in stock .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.