Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a 65 inch sanyo tv about 9 months old and it has no

Customer Question

I have a 65 inch sanyo tv about 9 months old and it has no pic or sound . It just stop working .. I see it is powered on but nothing happens
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Itnpwers on but no picture or sound . None of the prompts work , can't bring of menus or anything
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Just we were watching and it cut off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly, when you turn the TV OFF and power it back ON- does the Sanyo welcome screen display?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. Offhand, the TV's welcome screen should ALWAYS display- meaning when it doesn't, this indicates a fault within the TV- meaning there's a good chance your TV has a premature failure and requires service.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a sharp aquos tv 65 inches
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Oh okay, a Sharp not a Sanyo like you had said at first. I was going to ask you for the model number soon anyhow, but I want you to try those steps I outlined above.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Didn't work
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that and those are the only steps you can try on a user level. If the TV's own native welcome screen will not even display, there are no settings or adjustments that will fix this as it indicates a failure in the TV. Are you saying you bought the TV brand new only 9 months ago?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
brand new
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You have a premature failure in this TV, and it requires service under Sharp's one year warranty. While you can try leaving the set unplugged for several hours or more in the HOPES that it resets, I don't have high hopes for this and for all intents and purposes your TV requires repairs. You can contact Sharp at the link below to start a repair ticket on the set:

Sharp LCD TV Warranty Information. The Sharp Service number is ***** The warranty is 12 months parts and labor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?