Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Sharp model lc52d64u power and pox lights are flashing - no

Customer Question

Sharp model lc52d64u power and pox lights are flashing - no picture or sound
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not much else to tell - no picture no sound.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not than other than what I have described
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Please understand that I just missed out on the opportunity to engage many other paying customers while I was dedicating my time to you.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?