Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Panasonic TV has delays is video and audio. The unit is

Customer Question

Hello, my Panasonic TV has delays is video and audio. The unit is at least 5 years old and has worked perfectly until a few days ago. The delays are so bad it is impossible to watch a program.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems.

Secondly- I need some more information to solve this:

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) What is connected to the set for sources (for example: Cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

3) Does the AV delay occur with ALL sources?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Did you need assistance with this?

Or if you're unsure about the questions I asked- simply try this FIRST (as the symptoms you have are generally caused by the cable/SAT box and not the TV).

1) Shut the TV off.

2) Disconnect the cable/SAT box from power by pulling the power cord from the wall for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.

3) Once the box reboots, turn the TV on and check your AV sync (timing) and let me know if this solves the problem.