Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just went to turn my 42 inch Sanyo tv on with my remote

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I just went to turn my 42 inch Sanyo tv on with my remote and I heard a popping noise and mow it won't turn on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. It just won't turn on period! Thanks.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It's a 2008 Sanyo model number isAVP4232. I think 42" screen. Larry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, First- sorry you're having problems. Secondly, the popping noise and the set not turning on indicates a hardware fault in the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.