Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 2007 model Panasonic TH 50PX600U Plasma tv. it wont

Customer Question

I have a 2007 model Panasonic TH 50PX600U Plasma tv. it wont turn on and has a blinking red light at front. 10 blinks. I have already tried swapping the Power board with a new one i purchased on ebay. this didnt change anyhing. The thing is that the fans will not run either. There was a lot of dust on them but I have cleaned them. when you switch on the tv you hear two clicks then a few seconds later a third click.
Any ideas on what to do next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi again, does the power light start flashing as soon as you plug the TV power cord in or when push power button to turn the TV On?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when i push the power button on. I hear two clicks in quick secession and the a third click a few seconds later. then the red light flashes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, there are few circuit boards involved for 10 blinks error code.

Do you have TV service manual to troubleshoot the issue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no. I am not a electronics guy. just looked up forums on the issue. most said it was probably the power board. thats why i replace it. still nothing changed. i did disconnect power to the other boards and then power on etc. as suggested but nothing has changed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is like there is no power to the fans. Surely all 3 fans would not have died together?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

No Sir, fans will run when TV boots up in normal way, right now it switches off because protection circuit activates due to trouble and present the trouble with 10 blinks error code. If any fan goes out your will get 11 times blink error code which is an easy troubleshooting but this 10 blinks code is very complicated to troubleshoot.

I can provide you troubleshoot guide for this model if you wish to do-it-yourself and TV doesn't worth to take in for repair because it would cost you good money if required board(s) are still available due to age of TV. I would recommend to go for new replacement TV instead of spending money and time on this 2006 model TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you send me a troubleshooting guide that will be good. I want to try and repair it for my own reasons but i agree its not worth having it repaired at the repairers. It has a great picture and i would like to try and fix it.
Can i still get back to you if i need to? I have already paid AU$67.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Sure, give me 10 minutes to upload repair guide for you..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks mate. I will try some more things and get back to you via this website. Cheers. Ian
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Ok, click following link to download troubleshooting guide copy..

https://www.mediafire.com/?zr0rv5u2qti2s8i

I hope this will help, you may please post follow up question any time here and I'll happily reply it. A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will complete rating affer I have some time to fix this tv. To be honest I cannot rate you at this stage as you have not actually advised me on a solution. If the troubleshoot guide helps no problem though.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, no problem but just don't hit me with 1 or 2 star rating as these are negative.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Really not much help. Yes its a 9 year old tv. But I want to fix it. Shahid simply said he thought it too old to worry about and to get a new tv. I certainly recieved no answer that would justify a 5 rating.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I gave you troubleshooting guide to proceed if you wish to repair this TV yourself.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I also gave you the reason for a new TV as this one is old and you would get it hard to find required replacement board. Lots of boards in TV are involved for 10 blinks error code and troubleshooting guide will help you to sort out suspected/ defective board to swap it in TV.

Thanks.