Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv in the bedroom does not get audio on just one channel.

Customer Question

My tv in the bedroom does not get audio on just one channel. I called the cable company but they don't know why either. The main cable box is attached to the big set in the living room. The channel in question is a local channel but the sound works just fine on the big set. I am clueless.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It is a magnavox. I don't know the model. The problem just started a few days ago.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, If the TV that's having the problem with that one channel is connected to ANY type of cable box of any sort) even a mini box) then the issue is not the TV- but the box it is connected to. Your TV has no idea what channel it's on in this instance- as ALL of the channels are processed INSIDE of the cable box. So switching to one channel that does not have sound, would point to the box that is connected to this particular TV (not the main box and not the main TV). Reboot your box connected to this set by disconnecting it from power (unplug the power cord) for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Once it reboots check that channel and let me know if the sound is still out.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.