Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sharp Aquos LC 60LE650U doesn´t show picture either

Customer Question

Hello i have a Sharp Aquos LC 60LE650U doesn´t show picture either i replaced the power supply and the code error still blinks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

What is the error code you get from TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 slow 5 fast
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the info, let me get the related manual for troubleshooting purpose, get back with you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats fine ive been trying to figure this out for almost a week
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

2-5 error code indicates panel 12V failure and either power supply board isn't providing 12V to t-con board or t-con board itself has got internal failure.

T-con board is lower board looking at rear of TV and flat ribbon cables from it going inside display panel. You would need to check 12V at PL connector on t-con board wit multimeter, volts may appear for a second and it will confirm the power supply board, if volts available that means power board is working and t-con board is defective that should be replaced to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i can not do that volt check at the moment also doesnt show signs of damage all the boards appear good but my screen turns black after I start my TV after the logo disappears and then if I unplug one side of the t-con board half the screen shows picture the other half is bright white but there's also a faint white line on the bottom of the side with the picture and A bunch of green discoloration
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I understand, this TV has builtin self diagnostic feature that can detect several problems automatically and present the error code with specific blink pattern of power light if detects any problem. Above answer is based on error code info that I got in your reply.

Since power board has already been replaced then it would be defective t-con board and it is not necessary to have burn marks on failed board as the chips/ ICs mounted on this type of board has very complicated circuity and most of the time the chip wont bust/ explode to show physical damage. Replacement of t-con board (identical/ having same part number/ version) will help you to resolve the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Alright i will check the voltage in a little bit i will get back to you with any information, so ideally if tcon is found to be bad replacing it will fix the green discoloration and white line, sorry im just an amatuer when it comes to this just trying to gain more information for further tv fixings, i will be in touch
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Correct, replacement of t-con board is only option here. Removal of flat cable from t-con board isn't solution.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Alright i havent gotten a chance to check the voltage yet or i was thinking about replacing the t-con board ill get back to you in a few days
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, no problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Alright i will be getting a t-con board on friday afternoon ill let you know what the status is if the tv
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also if it turns out to not be the t-con board what else could it be ? Bad LED strips?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, I hope t-con board replacement will resolve the issue and as you asked if it doesn't then te main board of TV would be next thing but it is rare. Error code 2-5 blinks most of the time is t-con board is bad or not getting 12V from power supply or LVDS cable is defective (it connects the t-con to main board).

Thanks and wish you good luck~

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello just installed the t-con board and it still flashes the 2-5 error code
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The first time I turn the TV on after installing the teatime bored I could see the back light turn on on the back of the TV but then I quickly shut off and start flashing 2-5
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After installing t-con board**
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, did you get identical t-con board as replacement and LVDS cable is securely plugged into t-con and main board?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
boards are identical and i unplugged both connections and replugged them in, also the backlight didnt light up before unless i unplugged one tcon board cable
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But it lit up with both cables plugged in from tcon to the lcd panel but then shut off after a few seconds ,
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

This is odd, is the replacement t-con board new or used and bought from reliable source?
Backlight will not light up until the error is there to activates the protection system.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was from a used tv that powered on but had cracked lcd panel, i read something that the soft start pin on a chip on the mainboard is known for not getting up to proper 3 volts needed
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Ryan, soft start issue for 3 volts regulator chip is different thing and error code would be different as well.

T-con board is getting 12V from power board for a while, t-con board has been replaced and problem still persist which is confusing. Let me check the TV manual again and get back with you in 10 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that is fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Lets try to turn On the TV in different way.

While holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys on TV front at same time, plug in the AC cord of the TV to turn on the power.
Does TV stay ON with letter “K” appear on the screen.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nonothing appears just black screen doesnt appear anything is happening
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I'm really sorry and running out of ideas what it could be so let me repost the question for other experts to have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.

I'm opting out now to repost the question, please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.

Thanks.