Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

HD plasma Model CH 42DZ800U Serial number LA 81080113

Customer Question

HD plasma
Model CH 42DZ800U
Serial number LA 81080113
PowerLite continuously blanks only way to stop and pull the plug out power button won't turn on or off or will be remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome Ralph. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

-The model number you gave is not showing up as valid. Can you please check it carefully.

-How long have you had it?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's just a guess I'm in a say five years
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok let's go
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call services. I am not utilizing that at this time, but another expert here may still call you. In the mean time we can continue with our chat.

There is a sticker on the back of the tv with the model number. Can you see that or not? If not, what brand is the tv? Panasonic or?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HD plasma
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

That is not a brand or a model number. Who manufactured the tv? Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, etc.

Given the current information and symptoms, unplugging the power cord is the only easy reset you can do. The flashing LED on the front panel is an error code used to tell a trained technician where to start diagnosing the failure. The back panel of the tv needs to come off and parts inside need to be ordered and replaced. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HD plasma MA
ModelTH42pZ800U
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you get my corrected data
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. This confirms my answer, that the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. If you have substantial electronics experience and want to attempt a DIY repair then I can help you.

Otherwise a repair shop should be consulted. If you need help finding a repair shop then reply back with your zip code.

Please submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page for my time so far then if you still need help I will be happy to proceed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mike are you still are you still there it's a Panasonic
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I am right here and have given you my answer two times. Not sure why you cannot read my answer so here it is for a third time:

Unplugging the power cord is the only easy reset you can do. The flashing LED on the front panel is an error code used to tell a trained technician where to start diagnosing the failure. The back panel of the tv needs to come off and parts inside need to be ordered and replaced.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. If you need help finding a repair shop then reply back with your zip code.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?