Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The sound on my tv cuts in and out

Customer Question

The sound on my tv cuts in and out
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the model of the tv?
Does it happen on all inputs/sources (aerial, cable, dvd, etc)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
LG model it only went like this over a week ago we had a storm here and lost foxtel connection since then we've had this sound issue not sure weather that had anything to do with it,I also recall we had the same issue about 4-5 years ago
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It happens on when everything is plugged in and running
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

I'd need the complete model number to give specifics.

Let's start by unplugging power to the foxtel box for 60+ seconds to reboot it, and let me know if the problem continues.

If so, I'd need you to specifically test other inputs too (dvd, etc)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ive done the rebooting thing as I phoned foxtel about it no change still sound cuts out
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you in Australia?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

No, I am in the US, but I'm familiar with all the LG models and their inner workings.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
because I would like to ph you but it seemsthat is just a money making thing with a $37 ph call
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

The call is an automated feature of the site, I'm happy to fulfill that if you wish, but it is not necessary, and we would otherwise continue here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you charging me $37 ph call?.. I think its easier to physically get a technician in
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

The site is (not me), if you wish that we can, if not we'd continue here in the chat, but again I need the actual model number of the tv, please.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.