Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Our tv color suddenly is all washed out, and we can't do any

Customer Question

our tv color suddenly is all washed out, and we can't do any recalibration --nothing changes.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The color has disappeared. We watch cable through a TWC box, and the picture suddenly changed to pale gray, as if it were a black and whit picture with no contrast.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: We've tried changing contrast, backlight, and sll the other stuff on the menu, but nothing helps. We've rebooted cable, restarted TV, to no avail.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

When you access the tv menu to change the picture/color settings, is that menu (the one you are navigating around in) clear and good color? or is the menu also affected by the problem?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **