Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My sony KF50WE610 sony lcd projection tv lamp burned time

Customer Question

My sony KF50WE610 sony lcd projection tv lamp burned for 2nd time would like to replace it and see how to remove and install a new one? Location would help as well ty
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No picture lamp heat melted its housing somewhat its been located and removed old one also is there any other lamp that may need replacing and their locations
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Idts thats all i have but tv manufactured in 2004 bought in 2005
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

Not clear what you are asking? Are you asking if this tv has more than one lamp?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Your Tv only has one lamp.

Lamp replacement instructions start on page 13 of the manual:

Do not buy cheap lamps from amazon or ebay. A quality lamp should cost at least $80-$100. Suggest this site:

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.