Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Olevia TV Won't Turn on by Remote or Power on switch

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Is there any power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?

Let me know please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
light is on

I am assuming you have rebooted teh set?disconnected the set from wallpower waited 5 mins then replugged back in again?

If so I hate to convey this to you but the set is faulty likely to be bad capacitors on the power-board (needs to be verified with a visual check) its likley that eithe rthe power-board or main-board will need to be replaced if you think you are up for the challenge of doing the work yourself I will be happy to help, it amounts to making checks under my guidance, ultimately replacing one of those boards so please let me know if you think you can do this, there is no soldering the boards are plug in.

If you need a tech because you do not feel comfortable with that you can find a tech in your area by using

Sorry its nothing more easier

Let me know

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no orlater thank you.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank You Anthony, After unplugging the Power and restoring it I am now able to turn it on with the Power Switch. I had to turn it off and back on two times for the Volume to work but it still will not come on by the remote. I will see how things go over the next 7 days of the Free Trial to see how things go. If I determine that I need to check the capacitors, I will contact you again once I can find them and have them on hand.

Thanks for that

You still need to rate the answer though positively with the rating bar at the top of the page (sorry for any confusion) this will not affect anything you may have taken out with Justanswer it just means me as the tech rec eives credit from the site thank you

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this please?