Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Power surge last night and i have a panasonic TC-P58S1. I

Customer Question

power surge last night and i have a panasonic TC-P58S1. I have the blinking standby light 10 times
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: power surge last night and i have a panasonic TC-P58S1. I have the blinking standby light 10 times
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: just that we had a storm last night and this occurred after a lightning strike. I have unpowered the unit and powered back on. I am not getting any indication on the screen that it is power up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

10 blinks on these sets is in the main usually the power-board or main-board there is a procedure of checks to go through to verify that using a meter (volt-ohm) I would be happy to help you with this if you can use a meter and feel practical enough to do work, it will ultimately mean replacing a board cost of board $around $100

I am sorry this is nothing easier let me know please

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no orlater thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony