Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I replaced the bulb tryed turning it on I hear a whining

Customer Question

I replaced the bulb tryed turning it on I hear a whining sound and the power green light is flashing but there is no clicking for the bulb to try turning on? Please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome David. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

Where did you buy the new lamp and how much did it cost?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bought one from Amazon then one from Panasonic one was 48 and one was I think 120ish
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Describe your experience with electronics tools/repair in detail

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Miled but know a little bit and good with tools
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Have you ever used a multi-meter to measure live high voltage?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

You say the "power green light flashes then turns red and flashes". We need much more detail on this. The tv has 3 LED's on the front panel- POWER, LAMP, TEMP. We need what each of the 3 LED's are doing exactly, as in count the number of blinks for each one and what order.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

If you are actually going to do the troubleshooting and repairs on this tv then go to this website and get the Service Manual. Don't worry about the slight model number difference:

On page 45 is a chart with the LED blink pattern error codes. Find the pattern that matches what your tv is doing and reply back. From there the repair will likely involve taking the whole back off the tv, testing live voltages, certainly replacing parts that may be hard to find and expensive.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then at least another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (likely more).

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before we go further please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?