Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

We have a Sharp Aquos Quatton Model LC70LE733U. When we try

Customer Question

We have a Sharp Aquos Quatton Model LC70LE733U. When we try to turn it on, the light flashes and it doesn't turn on. We tried unplugging it to reset, but that still does not make the flashing arrow-type light stop and the screen remains blank.
Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, That flashing error is telling you there's a hardware fault in the TV preventing it from coming on- and this generally requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem please? If so, I need you to check that flashing light for a code (for example: 2 slow blinks, pause, 2 fast blinks- then repeat). Let me know what you get.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.