Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My HD Plasma TV will not turn on but red light is flashing.

Customer Question

my HD Plasma TV will not turn on but red light is flashing. (Model #TH-37PX50U).
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

Offhand that blinking light points to a fault within the TV. Can you please check it and tell me what pattern it's blinking in (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to read my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , i`m Jack

I see that you requested a new answer ?