Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung tv and the volume turns its self down, have

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tv and the volume turns its self down, have tried new batteries in the remote nothing changes. the volume signal stays on the screen and wont disappear, you have to use the volume button on the side of the tv and then it just goes down
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

There are a couple of things that cause this the first and least likely is the remote control itself so please TAKE OUT the batteries for the remote ,this will effectively kill the remote and try the set again is it still the same?before we move onto the most likely

Anthony

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and check if it is now operating correctly.

If it is not, then it means its the side panel board that the buttons on the TV control has failed. In this event you have two options. If the TV is under warranty, you can have the board replaced under this.

If the warranty has expired, then what you can do is disconnect the board to only use the remote, meaning to not pay to replace the board

If your comfortable doing this yourself, You can open the back of the TV and you should be able to see the wire where it plugs into the button control board. Gently disconnect it there and you should then be able to use the controls via just the remote. Else you can have a TV technician do this for you.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Yes please carry out what I indicated then let me know please

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else please or if there are any further questions

Thanks

Please just check the remote control as I have indicated before we move on thank you

Are you still with me on this please?

Anthony