Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

The green timer light keeps flashing and the tv wont turn on

Customer Question

the green timer light keeps flashing and the tv wont turn on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Mitsubishi WD65734
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: green timer light keeps flashing , tv wont turn on even after hitting rest
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, First- sorry you're having problems. Secondly, does ANYTHING at all display on your screen when you turn the TV on (Mitsubishi welcome logo, etc.)? Also, were there any storms or power outages prior to this occurring?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Did you need assistance with the question you posted?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nothing displays on tv screen
reset button does not turn off flashing green timer light
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Mainboard being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Are you getting any difference in symptoms at all please?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Well, I'm here if you need anything else. Feel free to reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks
I will check it out later today
Many thx for now
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
You're welcome. When you're at the set- reply back and I can diagnose this. I've worked with your TV dozens of times over the last 7 years. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.